What Brexit worries? London is still attracting attention from global hotel companies. Today, IHG signed its fourth Hotel Indigo in the city with Criterion Capital. Scheduled to open in late 2017, the 95-guestroom Hotel Indigo London-One Leicester Square will operate under a franchise agreement with Criterion Capital and will be the operator’s first venture with the franchise partner.
“London is a core driver of demand within the UK," Andrew Shaw, AVP of development UK&I, IHG, said in a statement. “The increase in international inbound travel to London is driving a need for new hotels and giving us the opportunity to grow our portfolio."
Criterion Capital is also looking to cash in on the visitor increase. “We have a series of hotels scheduled to open in rapid succession across Prime Central London, ”Michael North, head of hotels at Criterion Capital, said,
IHG's Hotel Indigo brand currently 75 hotels and 9,214 guestrooms open with another 76 hotels and 10,437 guestrooms in the global pipeline. Europe makes up a significant percentage of both the open and in-development categories, with 21 Hotel Indigo hotels open and 18 in the pipeline across the continent.
With the addition of Hotel Indigo London-Leicester Square, IHG will have eleven Hotel Indigos in the UK.
Since the third quarter of 2016 alone, IHG has signed eight Hotel Indigo properties across Europe.
Additional signings include:
• The 55-guestroom Hotel Indigo Milan-Corso Monforte, which is opening in early 2018, was converted from a historic palace in the city center and will operate under a franchise agreement with Finalba Seconda Srl.
• Hotel Indigo Dundee, due to open in mid-2018, will operate under a franchise agreement with Lower Dens Hotel Services (Dundee). This 96-guestroom property will be the owner’s first IHG-branded hotel.
• The 236-guestroom Hotel Indigo Frankfurt, one of the largest Hotel Indigo properties in Europe, is due to open in early 2019 in the center of the financial district. This property will operate under a franchise agreement with Gerch Frankfurt Mainzer Landstraße Investitions GmbH.
• Hotel Indigo Manchester-Victoria Station was signed under a franchised agreement with UBH Manchester and is due to open in early 2019. The 187-guestroom property is next to Manchester Victoria Station.
• Hotel Indigo The Hague-Royal Palace will operate under a franchise agreement with BHG Randstad IBV. This property will be the owner’s eighth IHG hotel in its portfolio. The 63-room converted historic property on a shopping avenue.
• As part of the MDA agreement with Tristar GmbH, Hotel Indigo Dresden-Wettiner Platz is due to open in late 2018 and will operate under a franchise agreement. The 132-guestroom property is in the center of Dresden.
• Opening in late 2018, Hotel Indigo Manchester-Piccadilly Gardens will operate under a franchise agreement with Cairn Hotel Group and will have 139 guestrooms.
• The 45-guestroom Hotel Indigo Belgrade is set to open in late 2019 and will operate under a managed agreement with Profileon Plus. The hotel is in the city center within the main shopping area and near local restaurants and bars.
• While Hotel Indigo Warsaw-Nowy Swiat opened in May this year, Hotel Indigo The Hague-Royal Palace and Hotel Indigo London–Aldgate are due to open later this year.