Three months in, CEO Jennifer Fox leaves Millennium & Copthorne Hotels

The Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles. Photo credit: Millennium & Copthorne

Jennifer Fox, group CEO of Millennium & Copthorne Hotels, is stepping down three months after taking up the position.

Jennifer Fox. Photo credit: Millennium &
Copthorne Hotels

In a statement, M&C said Fox and the London-based hospitality business “mutually agreed” she would depart the company effective immediately. As part of her departure, Fox was reportedly paid roughly $1.3 million in salary, bonus, pension compensation and other benefits. 

No reason has been given for Fox’s departure.

Virtual Roundtable

Post COVID-19: The New Guest Experience

Join Hotel Management’s Elaine Simon for our latest roundtable—Post COVID-19: The New Guest Experience. The experts on the panel will share how to inspire guest confidence that hotels are safe and clean and how to win back guest business.

Fox will be replaced, on an interim basis, by M&C chief of staff Tan Kian Seng. Seng previously served as interim CEO from February 2017 until June 2018, prior to Fox’s arrival at the company.

From 2011 to 2016, Fox led Fairmont Hotels & Resorts as president. She joined London-based M&C during June of this year, replacing Aloysius Lee.

M&C, which operates the Millennium, Grand Millennium, Copthorne and Kingsgate hotels, said it will provide further details in the future.

Fox began her career at ITT Sheraton, where she worked in sales and marketing and as a general manager. She was COO of Europe for IHG from 2005 to 2011, and after that became board of director with Australian media entertainment organization Village Roadshow.

As of Dec. 31, M&C owns or invests in 136 hotels consisting of 39,402 rooms in regions such as Asia, Europe, Australia and the U.S. A majority of the company is owned by City Developments Limited of Singapore.

Suggested Articles

If 2020 has taught us anything it is that we need to be adaptable and we need to deliver according to our guests’ changing needs.

Hyatt Hotels Corporation hailed Q2 recovery in China and South Korea, but added that demand was building more slowly elsewhere.

While sharing the company's first-half results, Chairman & CEO Sébastien Bazin announced a €200 million cost-saving plan.