Preferred Hotels & Resorts added 25 new member hotels and resorts across eight countries between August and October 2017. From Hawaii to Rajasthan, India, travelers can now stay at Preferred properties in more destinations while simultaneously staying at independent properties around the world.
Highlights of the new hotel additions include:
- Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach (Honolulu) – Scheduled to formally open in December 2017 after a $115-million transformation, this 839-room resort will include oceanfront and Diamond Head views, a destination pool deck replete with a saltwater infinity pool and cabanas and five culinary concepts that includes a signature restaurant, Morimoto Asia, by Iron Chef Morimoto. The hotel's lobby includes a 280,000-gallon saltwater Oceanarium centerpiece that will be home to a multitude of indigenous marine life.
- Le Bristol Beirut (Beirut) – This hotel offers 157 themed guestrooms - from modern contemporary and 1960’s retro chic to rich Ottoman Empire-inspired designs that evoke the aura of Arabian nights. When they need to venture outside, travelers will be in close proximity to both Verdun Street, one of the city’s most popular shopping destinations, and Hamra Street, the hub of the Beirut’s club scene and nightlife.
- H10 METROPOLITAN (Barcelona, Spain) – Located in the epicentre of Barcelona’s Eixample District, this restored 85-room historic hotel designed by Lazaro Rosa-Violan evokes the charm of 19th century industrial Barcelona. Some of the city’s best shopping and dining options in Plaça Catalunya and Les Rambles are located nearby, as well as local attractions such as UNESCO World Heritage site Sagrada Familia, an unfinished Roman Catholic church designed by Antoni Gaudi. For guests who prefer a more leisurely pace, the hotel offers an outdoor terrace plunge pool replete with sun loungers and views of its neighborhood.
- Wanda Reign Wuhan (Wuhan, China) – This luxury hotel is located in the scenic East Lake Scenic Area of Wuhan, next to the Han Street commercial Centre and the Han Show Theatre that regularly showcases a unique collection of aquatic performances. It offers 413 guestrooms with views of the surrounding cityscape and the East Lake, personalized in-room options including preferred choices of beverage in the mini bar, and in-room fragrances. The hotel also offers a Chinese restaurant, offering authentic Huaiyang cuisine.
- Shahpura House (Jaipur, Rajasthan, India) – Once the royal palace of the ruling Shekhawat clan of the Rajputs, this heritage hotel presents a mixture of Mughal and Indian architecture, with carved stone pillars, domes and artefacts from a bygone era. Located in a residential area of Jaipur, the hotel is flanked by a maze of lanes that offer up a secret stash of colourful stalls, temples, verdant gardens and lakes. The 65 haveli-style guest rooms include Rajput-inspired decorations embellished with marble and semi-precious stones, and come with private verandas and modern amenities. There is also an on-site spa offering curated signature treatments and massages.
Additional member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts between Aug. 1 and Oct. 31, 2017:
- Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa (Guerrero, Mexico)
- Royalton Hotel (New York City)
- The Maritime Hotel New York (New York City)
- Green Park Inn (Blowing Rock, N.C.)
- Cork Factory Hotel (Lancaster, Pa.)
- The Commonwealth (Richmond, Va.)
- Alpenhof Lodge (Teton Village, Wyo.)
- The Queensbury Hotel (Glen Falls, N.Y.)
- Yurbban Passage Hotel & Spa (Barcelona, Spain)
- H10 CUBIK (Barcelona, Spain)
- Myconian Naia (Mykonos, Greece)
- THE BODRUM by Paramount Hotels & Resorts (Bodrum, Turkey)
- Pestana Amsterdam Riverside (Amsterdam)
- Cresta Palace (Celerina, Switzerland)
- Turyaa Chennai (Chennai, India)
- WelcomHotel Dwarka, New Delhi (New Delhi)
- Shahpura Haveli (Jaipur, India)
- The Primus Hotel Shanghai Hongqiao (Shanghai)
- The Longemont Hotel Shenyang (Shenyang, China)
- Connect Busan (Busan, South Korea)