U.S. hotel management company Waterford Hotel Group announced plans to grow its portfolio by adding five hotels in the Northeast. The properties range from a 68-room New England hotel to a 133-room property in New York City. Each hotel is independently owned and will be professionally managed by Waterford Hotel Group.
As part of the plan, Waterford assumed management of the following hotels:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis, Mass.: Waterford assumed management of the 125-room property on May 1, 2017. The property opened in June 2016 and is owned by an affiliate of The Simon Konover.
- New Haven Village Suites: On June 1, Waterford Hotel Group took over operations of the 122-suite New Haven Village Suites in New Haven, Conn. The hotel is an independent hotel (owned by the hospitality division of NHR Properties) and the only extended stay property in New Haven.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Brooklyn: The company also assumed management of the 133-room Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Brooklyn on July 1. The hotel is owned by an affiliate of Troutbrook.
Waterford will also mange two hotels that are under development:
- Hyatt Place, Warwick, R.I.: Waterford has been selected to manage the 125-guestroom Hyatt Place at 800 Jefferson Boulevard near T.F. Green Airport in Warwick, R.I. The new hotel—near the new airport parking garage and intermodal station—will be the first hotel in the city to have direct interior access to the airport’s parking garage. The hotel is currently under development and will open in spring/summer 2018. The owner and developer is D’Ambra Construction of Warwick, R.I.
- New Bedford Harbor Hotel: Also under development is the New Bedford Harbor Hotel on Union Street in New Bedford, Mass. Waterford has been selected to manage this 68-guestroom hotel that will be franchised as an Ascend Collection. The Boston-based Columbus Hospitality Group is converting the 46,600 square-foot building into a hotel, restaurant and banquet space. The hotel is slated for a spring 2018 opening.