Uniguest, a hospitality engagement technology provider, has added an interactive guestroom entertainment offering to its product line’s content functionality. The solution delivers high-quality media content across internet protocol networks through one platform, allowing hotels to publish content once and synchronize it right to guestrooms or on screens throughout the property.
“Consumer media and content delivery preferences are changing and it’s becoming increasingly difficult for hoteliers’ to give every guest a great experience. Guest Room Entertainment helps jump that hurdle with a flexible approach to content delivery that enables hoteliers to better tailor the in-room experience to their guests’ wants and needs while also deploying content across the property,” said Uniguest COO Matt Goche.
The Guest Room Entertainment solution utilizes IP television to securely deliver TV from multiple sources to any set-top box or smart TV on the property, making it easy to add relevant content to common areas like elevators and lobbies along with guestrooms. The content then becomes easily available through the interactive portal in guest rooms.
The IPTV solution can also function as a revenue-generation tool through its property-management system integration capability. Hoteliers can create guest information pages where they can purchase roomservice, act on promotions and more. The interactive IPTV portal enables true interactivity between guest and hotel through information pages, messaging and service ordering.
Uniguest’s GRE package includes the following features for full-capability set-top boxes and smart TVs:
- Branded interactive IPTV portal: The portal gives properties the ability to create a unique, bespoke entertainment experience with a combination of information pages, messaging and service ordering. There are multiple brandable portal themes available.
- Guest information pages: Provide local and national news, live weather, travel and airline flight data. Guest information pages can also act as a revenue generator where hotels can promote services and facilities, and upsell guests.
- Customizable program guide: Uniguest’s program guide can provide metadata and program listings from multiple sources including free to air, satellite and subscription-based channels.
- Service groups: Properties can organize channels by service group to determine which channels are delivered to which room, like provisioning premium offerings to some suites or deliver programming by the guests’ language preference.
- PMS integration: Integration with most of the world’s leading property-management systems means the ability to customize program delivery by customer.
In addition, hoteliers can add additional features like Chromecast bring-your-own-content functionality.
The solution is powered by an easy-to-use content-management system so properties can create, manage and customize their in-room entertainment offerings in real-time. The same in-room content or new content can be created and sent across set-top boxes or smart TVs across the property with just a few extra clicks. That means the entire experience is continuous from lobby to room with no extra effort from the front desk.
Uniguest also offers a variety of add-on options to the essentials package.