The Comcast Business X1 video platform now is available to hotels and other businesses across Comcast’s footprint. X1 for Business includes easier search and navigation, voice control and a picture-in-picture sports content companion called the X1 Sports App that includes team and players profiles, statistics and real-time, game-specific data.
“Businesses across the country can now offer their customers the same award-winning video experience that millions of people experience every day in their living room,” Christian Nascimento, VP product and premise services, Comcast Business, said in a statement. “X1 for Business is a game-changer—whether it’s a bar or restaurant integrating sports stats into the viewing experience, a hotel or gym giving customers an easier way to find what they want to watch or a small business helping their guests pass the time in the lobby or waiting room.”
Today, about two-thirds of Comcast’s residential customers have X1. X1 for Business will offer businesses and their customers:
- Voice control: Businesses can use the X1 voice remote to quickly search for networks, shows and movies, change the channel, get recommendations, navigate content and more. There are more than 24 million residential voice remotes deployed and there were 8 billion voice searches last year alone.
- On-screen guide: The easy-to-use onscreen guide and search functionality allows employees to focus on serving customers, not searching for programming. A view of the last nine channels makes accessing popular and most-watched content easier than ever.
- Sports content: Provide customers with up-to-the-minute sports updates. The X1 Sports app brings real-time scores and statistics alongside the in-game action.
- Accessibility: The X1 talking guide is a voice-enabled television user interface that reads aloud selections like program titles, network and time slots, serving as a solution for TV fans who have a visual disability.
- Language of choice: Bicultural customers can quickly change the guide and channel listings from English to Spanish and find Spanish-language and SAP-enabled programming through advanced filtering directly within the experience.