Intelity and Keypr announced plans to merge. With more than 15 years of combined expertise and hundreds of thousands of guestrooms served, the merged companies will cover all touchpoints of the hotel guest and employee journey.
“After recently celebrating Intelity’s 10th anniversary, this important and strategic merger will strengthen Intelity’s position in the hospitality sector and accelerate our move into this and other key markets,” Intelity President and CEO David Adelson said in a statement. “With many hotel companies at a crossroads in their mobile and in-room technology strategies, and the technology provider landscape fragmented, Intelity and Keypr are committed to playing a key role in partnering with the hotel industry to address its challenges.”
Branded as Intelity, the combined company will be a broad, deeply integrated, comprehensive hospitality platform.
“Over the past four years, we have built a massively successful business and have established Keypr as the lead upcoming player in the industry,” Keypr CEO Robert Stevenson said. “By merging with Intelity’s incredible depth and market penetration, we will have by far the most robust platform to take that success to the next level and offer increased value to our combined customers.”
Some of the immediate, advanced offerings available include:
- The complete guest mobile journey: Check-in, digital key, guest services, digital concierge, in-app chat as well as being available through native iOS and Android platforms, plus mobile web
- The in-room solution: Customizable tablets for limited and full-service properties as well as seamless TV casting from a guest’s mobile device or in-room tablet and voice-activated guest rooms using Alexa and Google assistant.
- The messaging chat solution: In-app chat available on mobile and in-room tablets and guest text, SMS, social available to communicate with hotel staff.
- The integrated solution: More than 100 certified, secure, discreet integrations with third-party vendors. API available for existing hotel or enterprise brandwide guest apps, for functionality including structured service requests or chat.
- The staff-management system: Staff-facing operations dashboard (desktop and mobile); real-time content controls; immersive business intelligence; guest-to-staff, staff-to-staff request fulfillment; and robust marketing and advertising functionality.