Intertek Alchemy launched the Protek People Assurance certification program, which confirms a company’s employees have been trained, assessed and verified to meet stringent protocols for sanitation, hygiene, health and more.
As the world adjusts to a “new normal,” many in-quarantine traits will become generally accepted standards as customers and employees fundamentally rethink their approach to everyday health, safety and well-being, according to the company. Recent Intertek research revealed the following:
- 76 percent of consumers were scared or nervous about visiting a restaurant once restrictions were lifted;
- 73 percent cited the same fear in visiting a hotel;
- The research found similar concerns around theaters (56 percent), airlines (57 percent), and public transport (59 percent);
- 71 percent of workers do not want to return to work unless authenticated health and safety practices are in place;
- 95 percent of respondents would find it reassuring if companies adopted “a universal quality standard” to prevent COVID-19 infection.
The Intertek Protek certification program gives customers assurance that a business is safe to visit through a series of thorough tests and inspections covering five key components of the business: People, Systems & Processes, Facilities, Materials & Surfaces, and Products. Intertek is positioned to deliver this end-to-end certification because it has more than 1,000 labs and 46,000 experts in over 100 countries already testing, auditing and certifying global supply-chain safety.
Protek People Assurance certification, developed by Intertek subsidiary Alchemy, is a comprehensive training and assessment program that verifies a company’s workforce is capable of meeting stringent protocols for sanitation, hygiene, risk mitigation and more. The targeted e-learning program teaches, tests and verifies employee proficiency on critical topics, such as cleaning and sanitation, face masks, personal hygiene and vehicles of disease transmission. The training content utilizes interactive elements, micro-learning bursts and gamification. It is further enhanced with continuous learning tools employers can place throughout the workplace to reinforce the key concepts learned in the training.
Companies can use their current learning management system to provide the program to their employees or they can access the program through Intertek Wisetail LMS, an easy-to-use e-learning platform to deliver the training via desktop, tablet or mobile devices.