Comcast Business launches X1 for hospitality, a program that brings the features and personalization of the video platform to hotel guests. The Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center will include X1 in each of its 219 guest rooms when it opens this winter.
“X1 is simple and user-friendly allowing guests to navigate and discover the programs they want to watch. With the voice remote, finding a channel, show or movie is now as easy as the click of a button and a simple voice command,” Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia GM Ben Shank said in a statement.
The X1 product that will be featured at the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center will include:
- Content: Approximately 300 channel options and a free library of more 50,000 TV shows and movies on demand.
- Voice control: Guests can use the X1 voice remote to search for networks, shows and movies, set DVR recordings, change the channel, get recommendations, navigate On Demand content and more. Residential X1 customers used the voice remote more than 1.5 billion times in the first three months of 2018 alone.
- Recordings: A two-tuner DVR, allowing guests to record their favorite programming while watching something else or save to be viewed at their convenience when they return to their rooms.
- Multicultural: X1 is available with Spanish screens and menus and the X1 Voice Remote understands Spanish commands. The platform also includes curated content collections like black film and TV, international, and LGBTQ.
- Accessibility: Guests can say “accessibility” into the X1 voice remote or tap the “B” key to get to a menu with all of X1’s accessibility options. Guests can also quickly jump into specific features by saying “captions,” “description,” “SAP,” “voice guidance” or “shows with description” to find any programs that are described.
- Branded channels: Hotels are able to include important promotional and informational content designed to inform and entice guests.