IHG has launched IHG Studio, a digital in-room guest-entertainment solution that allows guests to:
- Connect and stream content securely from guests’ personal devices to their guest room TV.
- Make service requests, such as order extra pillows, arrange for a late check-out and review room charges.
- Access the TV remote from the IHG Rewards Club mobile app.
- Order room service and purchase on-property amenities.
- Pay with Points, a new pilot program that allows guests to use IHG Rewards Club points to make in-hotel purchases.
IHG Studio currently is available in nearly 40 hotels in the United States and will expand to other regions by year's end, including the U.K., Greater China, Canada and Latin America. The system will become a standard across all brands globally over the coming years, according to the company.
“Guests want more than a quick, connected guestroom experience; they want to stream and watch their own entertainment content from their mobile devices and personalize their stay experience,” said Jeff Edwards, SVP of global hotel and owner solutions at IHG. “IHG Studio is yet another way we are innovating the guest experience for today’s travelers. IHG Studio also brings value to our hotel owners with an easy set-up that requires less maintenance and ultimately saves on operational costs. This new solution is powered by IHG Connect, our in-hotel Wi-Fi system. By delivering a rounded in-room entertainment experience for guests, hotels will increase guest satisfaction and help drive loyalty.”